ANGELS Call Center
The ANGELS Call Center is staffed by experienced registered nurses 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week. Call center staff can assist you with general information about the ANGELS program or with one of the areas shown below.
- Referral consults with maternal-fetal medicine specialists, members of ANGELS staff and other UAMS faculty members
- Nutrition education for Diabetes in pregnancy
- Telephone triage of immediate health concerns for patients of UAMS OB/GYN services (or other contracted care providers)
- Real-time consults between maternal-fetal medicine specialists and statewide providers
- Resources, such as high-risk obstetrical services, poison control center, mental health services, etc.
- Resources available in the patient’s local areas
- Follow-up phone call services to patients recently discharged from the hospital
- Education concerning acute and chronic health problems during pregnancy
- Referrals to mental health crisis intervention
- Breastfeeding and lactation assistance
- High-risk maternal transports
Support for Health Care Providers
- Assistance for physicians with ANGELS Guidelines, evidence-based research and standards of care while caring for high-risk obstetrical patients in their local healthcare facilities
- After-hours support to private physician offices that contract with ANGELS for their patients to be triaged by a nurse instead of a commercial answering service